I purchased a Lennox air conditioning and heating unit for my sea-shore condominium in July of 2006.Model number: 13HPD-024-230-01 The a/c (outside unit) suffered degradation of coil.
Luckily the unit was still under warranty. After speaking with a Lennox representative in consumer affairs, he told me that there was a history of this degradation of coil from Lennox units that were manufactured in 2006, my unit was manufactured in the time frame. To my point, Lennox only wanted to pay for 50% of the cost for the labor to re-install, $450 for a bill for $900. As a consumer I feel it's not fair that I have to pay any labor costs knowing that due to faulty manufacturing, the unit was not able to operate in a reasonable time of ownership and within its warranty.
I feel that Lennox is not taking full responsibility due to faulty manufacturing practices. I also feel they are not doing due diligence in communicating to the consumers who purchased these units. Do you have a Lennox AC unit?
If so, call Lennox Corporation and tell them to be responsonsible.I'm pissed because I have to pay twice!!!
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Lennox Air Conditioner
- Review category
- Appliances and Electronics
You May Also Like
- "I bought an element TV 42" at target and two months after the TV started to turn off by itself every 5 minutes. I went to target and couldn't return..."
- "Beware of Grizzly! It's not a surprise that the machinery sold under their brand isn't first class product, when you buy something for a lower price, there's a reason and it's..."
- "Avoid getting a Samsung washing machine. Like many others, the area around the bleach dispenser on our Samsung WA5451ANW washing machine began to show signs of rusting after just..."
- "I ordered from this company because it's hard to find a petite size wig that's not a pixie cut. I was excited when it finally came so I could try..."
- "I was contacted by phone from an independent Century Link Representative wanting to know who my current carrier was and what I was paying for my plan. I told him..."
- "Everything was fine until I barely drove it to the RV storage with no fluid in transmission. Transmission pan was leaking. Lucky it was repaired by my friend. Decided to..."
- "The side rail of my barely two year old bed frame snapped-- COMPLETELY IN HALF. No piece of wood should be able to break clear in half the way this..."
- "I lost 75 lbs and it feels like 100 lbs. I couldn't have done it without the Roca Labs regimen.It was so easy to do. Those who say it doesn't..."
- "In November 2013 I stayed at the MANHATTAN CLUB, One bedroom-two bath unit 1516. This unit possessed all of the 'boutique' features: broken closets handle and kitchen light, a sofa..."