Faulty Lennox HVAC Unit

19 of 20 Lennox reviews

I purchased a Lennox air conditioning and heating unit for my sea-shore condominium in July of 2006.Model number: 13HPD-024-230-01 The a/c (outside unit) suffered degradation of coil.

Luckily the unit was still under warranty. After speaking with a Lennox representative in consumer affairs, he told me that there was a history of this degradation of coil from Lennox units that were manufactured in 2006, my unit was manufactured in the time frame. To my point, Lennox only wanted to pay for 50% of the cost for the labor to re-install, $450 for a bill for $900. As a consumer I feel it's not fair that I have to pay any labor costs knowing that due to faulty manufacturing, the unit was not able to operate in a reasonable time of ownership and within its warranty.

I feel that Lennox is not taking full responsibility due to faulty manufacturing practices. I also feel they are not doing due diligence in communicating to the consumers who purchased these units. Do you have a Lennox AC unit?

If so, call Lennox Corporation and tell them to be responsonsible.I'm pissed because I have to pay twice!!!

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
19 of 20 Lennox reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan
ChefJerry

Nov 24, 2014 #905407 Boonton, New Jersey, United States

Unfortunately, no exterior A/C components last more than 3 - 5 years on the East Coast. The saltwater air begins to destroy them immediately upon installation. Consider yourself lucky for Lennox to honor the warranty at all.

screwed

May 31, 2014 #822313

Faulty coil caused leak on system less than 4 years old. Although it is still under warranty, Lennox will not cover the 900$ to repair. They implied that if I had gotten preventative maintenance that I wouldnt have had the leak. They refuse to accept responsibility for inferior product. Just google or go to the BBB and you will see hundreds of customers complaining of this same issue. There are a couple of class action lawsuits in this as well. This companys phrase is "We stand behind our products" but thats simply not true. They refuse to help. I'll never buy another Lennox product again.

truth

Dec 04, 2013 #752977 Winchester, Virginia, United States

Your coil fell apart because you live next to the ocean. This happens to the large majority of outdoor units located that close to the ocean regardless of brand. I call bull@##$

Jul 27, 2013 #688512

Lennox fully covers white coil cost, they however do not have to pay the full istallation cloudy for the contractor that swaps it, lennox pays the contractor 300 dollars to install it, any other cost they try to charge is not authorised by lennox.

Charles Duffy

Aug 26, 2012 #533991

I also have a Lennox coil that has degraded. I have called the Lennox Consumer Complaint number, was told my model/unit number was in a series of bad coils. They redirected me to the Coil Degradation Unit. I have never been contacted by anyone from Lennox. Very Frustrating!

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact PissedConsumer.com

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Lennox. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

×
You were reading a complaint about Lennox.
Filing a new complaint about
×